It’s BBQ season, well it’s meant to be!
Unfortunately the weather hasn’t been brilliant the past couple of weeks, but over the bank holiday somehow i managed to get invivted to 4 BBQ’s. Needless to say, i was stuffed come Tuesday!
Which gave me an idea for a clean, healthy and guilt free BBQ burger.
I used portobello mushrooms as the “buns” of the burger (you can use alternatives like sweet potato or lettuce leaves) Peri Peri Hache Steak (again you can use alternatives like lean beef burgers/ chicken burgers, which you can get from muscle food.) I then topped the burger off with some halloumi cheese, chopped tomatoes and parma ham. DELICIOUS!
To make this more of a “dinner” meal i chopped two sweet potatoes in half and took some of the middle out to stuff them with spicy prawns.
Now here’s the recipe and instructions:
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes:
- Cut the potatoes in half and pop in the microwave for about 5 minutes until, they are soft. Let them cool down and then take out some of the middle.
- Put the sweet potatoes in the oven on 200 for about 15 minutes
- Stuff the sweet potato with the spicy prawns and serve!
Portobello Mushroom Burger
- Cook 4 mushrooms (for 2 people) in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Cook 2 lean beef burgers on the griddle.
- Grill Halloumi cheese for 3 minutes each side on a medium to high heat.
Put all together and Enjoy!